Mother’s Day is approaching! For many this holiday can be a very sensitive one so I want to acknowledge that before continuing on. For all of you who struggle with this holiday for various reasons, please know that you will be in my prayers on that day.
For others this day is a very special day that can sneak up on you! Rather than waiting until I have very little time left, I’m planning ahead this year! Over the years my siblings and I have done various things for my mom and various other ideas have come to my mind in the last few weeks. So, I thought I’d share a few ideas of Mothers Day gifts so that you can plan ahead too!
Each mother is different. I love what this book taught about love languages. Not only did it help with my relationships, but it also helped me understand my family members. Some people express and feel love through gift-giving. For others it may be spending quality time with their loved ones. Each person has a different way of expressing or feeling love so the suggestions I have below are not all traditional gifts.
For the Busy Mom:
- Complete some task that she has been meaning to get to but just can’t. Clean the garage. Mow the lawn. Clean the kitchen, or do the laundry!
- Offer to make dinner one night and sit Mom down with her favorite latte, book or TV show.
- Get her a meal subscription service. Some services deliver the groceries along with the recipes (like this one, and I’ve heard great things about this one if you’re local to the Northwest) right to your door! Others plan the meals for you for the week and make you a grocery list. All you have to do is get the groceries!
- My personal favorite is Cooksmarts.com. They have 4 meals a week planned out and you can choose between Original, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian and Paleo meal plans FOR EACH DAY! I often mix and match with 2 vegetarian days and 2 original. You select the meals you want and the grocery list adjusts based on the meals you’ve selected. Rather than just being given recipes and left to figure out what to start first, each day includes instructions weaving the various recipe instructions together based on when each piece has to start. Each week includes possible weekend prep tips and each recipe includes hyperlinks to videos showing cooking skills. It may be just what Mom needs to save time planning and preparing meals!
- Pay for a cleaning service to come in once or twice a month or even just to help with spring cleaning! Check places like Groupon to see if they have a deal on a cleaning service or search on Yelp to find reviews!
For the Beauty-Loving Mom:
- Sephora’s $50 gift cards come with a 45-minute custom makeover! Mom can get some fun new makeup and some pampering too!
- Buy mom a piece of beautiful jewelry. Jane.com has some great options right now, as does Etsy! Make sure to follow my Facebook page to stay up to date with new items that would be great for Mom!
- Take mom to get her nails done or make your own salon at home! Have you tried Jamberry nails? Later this week I will be posting a review of Jamberry nails but for now, check out their awesome Mother’s Day sets!
- Spa gift cards are always nice too 🙂
For the Mom with the Green Thumb:
- Get her a special garden tool that she’s been wanting.
- Build her a raised garden bed and fill it for her with soil.
- Take Mom to the nursery and let her pick out a new pot and some flowers or vegetables for the garden.
For the Classy Mom:
- Take her out for Brunch or High tea. You will definitely want to book these in advance! Use Yelp to find out the best spots for High Tea in your area and call soon to reserve a spot! Or, pull out your tea pot and host your own tea party at home! (Don’t forget the lemon curd!)
- Buy her a beautiful bouquet. Groupon has great local deals for Mother’s Day flowers right now.
For the Mom Who Loves to Cook:
Great online retailers with Mother’s Day ideas!
Jane has had some great deals but since those ones only last for a few days, I will be updating those deals throughout the week on my facebook page! Make sure to go here and follow the page so you can get those updates!
Finally, Amazon is a great place to find any variety of great treats for Mom. The link below will take you to many of the different options they have for Mother’s Day. Plus, have you tried Amazon Prime? Get free 2-day shipping for those times when you just don’t plan far enough ahead!