Yaay!! Welcome to my new blog!! I’m so excited to be starting this new stage of my journey! So excited, in fact, that I bought balloons and braved the cold a day after our snow storm to photograph this beautiful, affordable embroidered dress. Balloons are for celebrations and THIS is a celebration! (Balloons, however, and short dresses – for that matter – are not for windy days…so I apologize if some of the shots are extra windy.)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure page.
When I saw this cute ruffle dress, I knew I had to try it. Embroidery is all the rage right now (see this post on 50 spring trends under $50) – a trend that I absolutely love. Thankfully, this is one of those trends that you can try for an affordable price tag. Plus, if this affordable embroidered dress is not your thing, you may try a regular top or some shoes! Seriously, they are putting an embroidered detail on just about everything these days!
If you decide to try this dress, consider paying for the $1.99 return shipping. It’s sometimes hard to tell what size to order from this retailer so I always get the return insurance in case I need to return it. Thankfully, this cute ruffle dress fits well. I followed the measurements on the website and actually sized down one size for this dress. It’s definitely too short for me to wear as a dress most of the time. By adding OTK boots I reduced the amount of leg exposed, making me feel a little more covered up. As I often do with “dresses” from this retailer, I plan to wear this embroidered dress as a tunic over leggings or to tuck it in to jeans. In fact, don’t be surprised if you see this top again.
This affordable embroidered dress is the perfect embroidered piece for spring because of the variety of colors in the embroidery detail.
Get the Look:
- Blue Embroidered Ruffle Dress, Shein. (Almost exact shirt version from same retailer)
- Grey Over-the-Knee Boots, Forever21 (old). Similar in widget below!
- Sugarfix by Baublebar Star Drop Earrings, Target.
- Michael Kors Two-Tone Darci Pave Watch, Areatrends.com.
- Tori Burch Three-strand Logo Bracelet, Tradesy.
- Regal Jewelry Cable Bracelets, Zulily. (They return periodically. You can sign up on Zulily to be alerted when they come back into stock!)
- Lips: Lined with NYX Retractable Lipliner in Hot Pink. Mixed Nyx High Voltage Lipstick in Tiara with Maybelline’s Pink N Chic on top.
- Nails: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Tickled Pink.
Clickable Outfit Widget:
Or, if you’re a fan of Amazon’s free shipping and returns (Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial):
7 Embroidered Pieces from Amazon
Pin this image to find it later!
Click on the images below to go to the products on Amazon!
Have you tried any embroidered pieces yet? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Linking up with: More Pieces of Me | Sincerely Jenna Marie | Style Sessions | Sandy a la mode | Cute and Little | The Pleated Poppy | Pumps and Pushups | Trendy Wednesday | Elegance and Mommyhood | The Closet by Christie | Living in Color