Today on the blog I’m sharing this beautiful white lace Easter dress that I got for under $30! I would have shared my Easter dress WEEKS ago but it was so difficult to find one this year! Easter is a special holiday for me because it is about Jesus’s triumph over death – a death he died for me!
To a lot of us who grew up in the church, Easter was a time where part of our celebration involved getting an extra festive dress. Growing up, my family didn’t have a lot of money to spend on things like frilly dresses for each holiday but I have wonderful memories of my sister and I sporting our matching yellow, ruffled Easter dresses sent to us by our grandparents. I felt so glam in my pretty yellow dress with my little white patent leather shoes and ruffled socks! (Anyone else have a pair of those, lol!?) As an adult, I dress up for Easter because I see this weekend at church as a time of celebration! Jesus triumphed over the grave and endured the cross for me! I don my white lace Easter dress and celebrate because death has lost its sting!
Easter Dress Reviews
*This post contains affiliate links which means clicking on a link may result in a small commission for More to Mrs. E.
This year I tried six different dresses for Easter! Yes, six!! Luckily, I ordered most of them on Amazon and since we have Amazon Prime, they arrived in 2 days and had quick, free returns. (Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial)
- I first ordered this pink gingham dress. It was absolutely gorgeous and fit perfectly (size up one size) but the zipper broke when I tried it on a second time! I returned it.
- This white lace dress was my absolute favorite. The lace was stunning but it was one size too big and they were out of stock in my size until AFTER Easter! I would recommend sizing up only one size (I sized up two sizes). This would make a wonderful, affordable dress for spring and summer.
- Dress #3 and #4 I ordered together, just in case. Dress #4 still hasn’t arrived because Dress #3 was out of stock and held up my order until it would arrive too late! If Dress 4 works out you will likely see it on the blog!
- I ordered Dress #5 and #6 together a few days before Easter because it was getting close to Easter and I wanted to double my chances of finding the right one! Both were gorgeous.
The white lace Easter dress I’m wearing in this post has beautiful fabric! I’m not a huge fan of the button detail on the top but the skirt is stunning, the lace is very flowy and it fits like a glove (I’m wearing my regular size). I sent the other dress back. The color was beautiful and the fabric was nice and thick but it was a little big and had a bit of a poof in the tush, which wasn’t so flattering. The measurements and recommendations suggested I order an XL, though I’m usually a S. This would be a beautiful dress for summer weddings but if you are thinking of ordering this dress, I would recommend sizing up 2 sizes as the L would have fit me better.
How to Wear for Work
In addition to loving how this dress turned out for Easter (did you see how pretty the back is?!), I love that the three main pieces of this outfit will get a lot of use in my work wardrobe. J.Crew Factory was having a 50% off sale and I snatched up this cardigan. It will be a great staple for my teacher wardrobe, as will the silk scarf I picked up at TJMaxx. I will probably even wear the lace dress to school with a long-sleeved chambray tied over the top to make it a little less formal!
What’s your opinion about ordering from Amazon? Let me know in the comments below!
Get the Look:
- White Lace Dress, Amazon. Also recommend this white lace dress (size up 1 size).
- Pink Cardigan, J.Crew Factory (on sale!).
- Gold Belt, H&M.
- Betsey Johnson Turquoise Heels, Amazon (old!). More Betsey Johnson Heels. Similar Turquoise Heels in widget below.
- Quilted Crossbody Bag, Target (last summer). See widget below for affordable options.
- Silk Scarf, TJMaxx. Similar here.
- Ray Ban Original Aviator Sunglasses, c/o Credit Card Rewards!
- Mint Drop Earrings, TJMaxx (old). More styles here.
- Turquoise Cocktail Ring, c/o Kendra Scott (old).
- Cable Bracelets, Zulily. (1 / 2 / 3 )
- Kendra Scott Cuff Bracelet, Nordstrom. Similar here and here.
Quilted Crossbody Bags
Thanks so much for visiting!
Linking up this week with: Trendy & Tidy| Glass of Glam | Sincerely Jenna Marie | Sandy a la Mode | I Do deClaire | Pumps and Pushups | Shopping My Closet | Elegance and Mommyhood | The Closet by Christie