You NEED this floral maxi dress, I’m not even kidding! It is THE PERFECT dress for spring AND summer. Let me tell you why!
*This post does contain affiliate links, which means that if you click and/or make a purchase through these links, I may make a small commission. Thank you for supporting the retailers that make this blog possible.
As a teacher on a limited budget, I’m always looking for affordable clothing that I can wear in the classroom during the weekdays and for fun on the weekend. This dress is perfect for that! Pair it with a jean jacket (my absolute favorite here) or cardigan and it makes a cute and comfortable teacher outfit. For the weekend, add a sun hat and sandals and you’re ready for a walk in the park or a day at the beach!
Even better than that, the skirt on this floral maxi dress is very full and flowy! It makes you feel like like a princess! The length makes is great for work and the fullness of the skirt makes it perfect for summer when the temperatures climb. Last summer, after our move, I suffered from this thing New Englanders call “humidity.” All my maxi dresses were just TOO HOT because they didn’t allow any airflow! This dress has a slit in the front that comes up to about my knee. You don’t notice it unless I’m walking so it’s still totally appropriate for work and I know it’s going to be great during the summer because the combination of the slit and full skirt will mean airflow on those hot days!
I know I keep gushing but seriously, this dress is amazing. It was the Easter dress option I talked about in this post that didn’t arrive in time. I’m so glad I didn’t go ahead and cancel the order because it’s really the perfect floral maxi dress to wear all spring and summer!
*UPDATE!* This dress did shrink after the first wash! I still recommend it, but make sure to air dry!!
Ok, before I end this post I have to mention my new sunglasses! They’re a steal! Grab them now!
Get the Look:
- Floral Maxi Dress, Shein. (shipping will likely take longer than usual!) It is true to size.
- Jean Jacket, J.Crew Factory. I always wait for a sale!
- Open Toe Perforated Booties, Shoebuy.com (old). Super-comfy!
- Rose Mirrored Sunglasses, Amazon. Free Shipping and returns with Prime!
- Monogram Necklace, Jane. (Similar here and here)
- Kendra Scott Alexandra Earrings in Magenta, c/o Kendra Scott. (same color but smaller size)
- Cable Bracelets, Zulily.
- Michael Kors Two-Tone Darci Watch, Areatrends.com.
- Nude Quilted Crossbody Bag, Target (old). See more below (sorry! Had to take it out because it was being crazy and repeating all over the page!)
- Kendra Scott Cuff Bracelet, Nordstrom (old). Similar cuff bracelet.
- Ice Lateral Ring, Baublebar (old).
If you love this idea for work, get my list of the top places to shop for teacher or professional clothing! Click the image below!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Linking up with: Trendy & Tidy | Glass of Glam | Style Elixir | Sandy a la Mode | Cute and Little | Confident Twosday | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | The Fashion Canvas | J.Petite | Pumps & Pushups | The Pleated Poppy | Living in Color | Stylin’ in St. Louis | Elegance and Mommyhood