Well, if you didn’t catch this post from Thursday, or my Facebook post on Friday, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is in full swing and I have some Nordstrom Anniversary Sale dressing room diaries to share.
I will say, I was very happily surprised when I tried on items in-store. I know a lot of bloggers are online #Nsale shoppers but I really like to feel the items and try as many of them on as possible. So, Friday I traded my caulking gun and paintbrush (I’ve been renovating our downstairs unit!) for lipstick and cute shoes and headed to Providence to shop the Nordstrom sale in person. I didn’t take photos of everything and the photos I did take have dreadful lighting, but I did learn a lot from my trip that I would like to share in today’s blog post to help you better decide what is worth purchasing from the sale.
Shoes were my first stop. They are my favorite thing to buy from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale because cheap shoes typically just don’t feel as comfortable or last as long. The Nordstrom Anniversary sale provides an opportunity to get great fall and winter shoes at a more budget-friendly price. I tried on so many pairs while I was in-store but didn’t think to photograph any of them. So sorry!
Boots and Booties
– Marc Fisher Over-the-knee boots: These are very comfortable, even with the heel, are true to size and have a lot of stretch in the calves. However, they are not made for wider calves. If you’re looking for a quality heeled, over-the-knee boot and don’t have the money to spend on these (also on sale!) then you can’t go wrong with the Marc Fisher.
– Vince Camuto Split Shaft Bootie: This boot was ALREADY sold out in my size so act fast if you like that one. It hasn’t yet sold out online but it’s often hard to find booties in a grayish color and this one is available in that color.
–Sam Edelman Bootie: I had hoped to be able to recommend this pair because it is very similar to my favorite bootie for fall (see it here) but these were very loose on my ankles. It was like they were bunchy right at the front of the foot, making my foot feel unstable. I even sized down and they still felt loose. I would not recommend these.
– Sam Edelman Bow Flat: I’m obsessed. As soon as I tried them on, I knew I had to have them. They have cushion in the bottom and a cute bow on top with studded detail (making them edgy in addition to girly). They come in so many colors and patterns and I feel like I need them all! I did size down 1/2 size but then when I ordered them onlinI need them in every color! I sized down a 1/2 size in store and they were a good snug fit but when I ordered them online I went with my regular size. I will let you know if that was a bad idea.
– BP Mule: This shoe does not hold its shape and therefore, is hard to keep on your foot. I was hopeful about this one because I really wanted a good mule and this is an affordable price, but I know it won’t hold up to wear and tear. If you just want a good mule, try the next one in this list!
– Halogen Loafer: I bought this pair but it also comes in other colors. They are so comfortable, structured and the sides are long enough to keep them in place when I walk. I was surprised by these and love them. They are actually the first mule I’ve really been able to wear! You can see me wearing these in the pics below! They are true to size.
– BP Cardigan: I love this. I think it’s a must-purchase for teachers. It’s long, affordable, comfortable, has pockets and comes in five colors. But, size down because it runs large. The sleeves somewhat fall off the shoulders so be aware that it might make the cardigan feel even a little bigger.
– AG Ankle Jeans: So many people love AG jeans but these just didn’t fit right on me and I tend to like a darker jean.
– Hinge Ruched Sleeve Cardigan: This cardigan is so flattering and SO SOFT! It’s more than I would normally pay for a cardigan but it drew me in by such soft fabric! It’s true to size!
– Halogen Loafers (part of sale)
– Halogen Bell Sleeve Sweater: I loved the fit of this, the length and the warmth for fall and winter. The white along the sleeve was so pretty!
– 7FAM Ankle Skinny Jean: I loved these. It was between these jeans and the KUT ones pictured below. I ended up choosing the KUT jeans because I liked the darker color! But these were a great jean! True to size with a cute rough edge on bottom.
– Halogen Scalloped Sweater: Available in 4 colors! Very cute! They didn’t have my size so I tried on one size too big and it was a little big. I am guessing then, that this is true to size!
–AOS Black Skinny Jeans: At under $40, these are a great black jean. They are definitely not leggings, but they have a nice solid feel to them and would be great for a work environment to get away with wearing jeans in a more formal way.
– Halogen Loafers (part of sale)
– KUT Skinny Jeans with frayed bottom: These were so flattering! I was shocked at how flattering. I liked them more than the AG jeans and they are well under $100! These I bought one size down because they are very stretchy.
– Vince Camuto High Neck Blouse: This blouse felt so feminine and was a pretty blush color. It was a little see-through and felt a little too wide for me. Going down a size may help but the fit at the neck was just right while everything else seemed a little to wide.
I tried some Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution jeans and thought some of you might be interested! They are designed with a band at the top to tuck in your tummy! They are under $50 during the sale and come in bootcut jeans, ankle skimmer jeans, dark ankle skinny jeans, and medium ankle skinny jeans.
#Nsale Beauty and Accessories:
– These Baublebar Tassel Earrings are even better in person!
– I don’t have the money right now for a fancy bag, but if I did…this one would totally be on my list!
It’s very structured, has multiple pockets and an interior laptop sleeve! Perfect for the business-woman on the go!
These MAC “Look in a Box” Sets are a great way to try out some new products, especially if you’re new to makeup!
Ok, I could probably recommend more jewelry or accessories but I am exhausted and this post is LONG! If you have any questions about any of the items above or about any of the other items I might have seen at the sale, shoot me a message on Instagram or leave me a question in the comments below!
And don’t forget to check out Thursday’s round-up of Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access items! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Linking up with: Trendy & Tidy | Glass of Glam | Sincerely Jenna Marie | More Pieces of Me| Lady in Violet | Sandy a la mode| I do deClaire | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | Visions of Vogue | Fashion Canvas | Pumps & Pushups| Straight A Style Blog | On the Daily Express