You NEED this floral maxi dress, I’m not even kidding! It is THE PERFECT dress for spring AND summer. Let me tell you why!
*This post does contain affiliate links, which means that if you click and/or make a purchase through these links, I may make a small commission. Thank you for supporting the retailers that make this blog possible.
As a teacher on a limited budget, I’m always looking for affordable clothing that I can wear in the classroom during the weekdays and for fun on the weekend. This dress is perfect for that! Pair it with a jean jacket (my absolute favorite here) or cardigan and it makes a cute and comfortable teacher outfit. For the weekend, add a sun hat and sandals and you’re ready for a walk in the park or a day at the beach!
Even better than that, the skirt on this floral maxi dress is very full and flowy! It makes you feel like like a princess! The length makes is great for work and the fullness of the skirt makes it perfect for summer when the temperatures climb. Last summer, after our move, I suffered from this thing New Englanders call “humidity.” All my maxi dresses were just TOO HOT because they didn’t allow any airflow! This dress has a slit in the front that comes up to about my knee. You don’t notice it unless I’m walking so it’s still totally appropriate for work and I know it’s going to be great during the summer because the combination of the slit and full skirt will mean airflow on those hot days!
I know I keep gushing but seriously, this dress is amazing. It was the Easter dress option I talked about in this post that didn’t arrive in time. I’m so glad I didn’t go ahead and cancel the order because it’s really the perfect floral maxi dress to wear all spring and summer!
*UPDATE!* This dress did shrink after the first wash! I still recommend it, but make sure to air dry!!
Ok, before I end this post I have to mention my new sunglasses! They’re a steal! Grab them now!
Get the Look:
- Floral Maxi Dress, Shein. (shipping will likely take longer than usual!) It is true to size.
- Jean Jacket, J.Crew Factory. I always wait for a sale!
- Open Toe Perforated Booties, Shoebuy.com (old). Super-comfy!
- Rose Mirrored Sunglasses, Amazon. Free Shipping and returns with Prime!
- Monogram Necklace, Jane. (Similar here and here)
- Kendra Scott Alexandra Earrings in Magenta, c/o Kendra Scott. (same color but smaller size)
- Cable Bracelets, Zulily.
- Michael Kors Two-Tone Darci Watch, Areatrends.com.
- Nude Quilted Crossbody Bag, Target (old). See more below (sorry! Had to take it out because it was being crazy and repeating all over the page!)
- Kendra Scott Cuff Bracelet, Nordstrom (old). Similar cuff bracelet.
- Ice Lateral Ring, Baublebar (old).
Linking up with: Trendy & Tidy | Glass of Glam | Style Elixir | Sandy a la Mode | Cute and Little | Confident Twosday | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | The Fashion Canvas | J.Petite | Pumps & Pushups | The Pleated Poppy | Living in Color | Stylin’ in St. Louis | Elegance and Mommyhood